Sunday, August 24, 2008

A New Lens on Life

Thanks to the great recommendation of the fabulous photographer extraordinaire EmilyPie, I got Mario a new lens for our anniversary--I'm going to tell you what it is but PLEASE don't assume that means I know diddly about photography! In fact, I'm about to perform a little cut-'n-paste action DIRECTLY from the email in which Emily told me which one to get--a Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM Autofocus Lens. Basically this was a totally selfish gift to ensure that pictures WILL be taken of my angellically-still-sleeping-through-the-night and marvellously photogenic (clearly those are her father's genes at work) daughter Scarlett. I thought I'd share a few--he is still experimenting with this lens but I think they turned out really well. Not that I'm biased...at all...really...

IMG_9118b

IMG_9123

IMG_9119

IMG_9060b

IMG_9065b

IMG_9094

IMG_9122

Keep 'em coming, honey!

5 comments:

v said...

Yea! I love the pictures. We were at the picnic, sans Ali, for about a second. Social events freak me out a bit. I, also, am putting finishing touches on my syllabus. I can't seem to leave it alone. Ah, well. By this time tomorrow, I'll be through my first day.

Unknown said...

Oh how beautiful! I love the color in the first two. So dainty and pretty!

Megan said...

I think I will buy Mario a new lens if it means we get more pictures of baby Scarlett!

I think that is the lens I have. And I love it! The pictures look great.

Lauryn said...

Bee-yoo-tee-ful!

Love the new lens!

natasha | sohobutterfly said...

It's a fantastic lens, that's for sure! I'm so glad we might get more Squidge pics because of it!