Tuesday, November 18, 2008

When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in life's eye

Last time we caught up with our protagonist, she was sending her little letter-minions, her little agents of change, hurrying and scurrying via the internet ether into the world, into the inboxes of the world, sleepers until a click of a mouse set their contents disseminating, dispersing, like Pandora's little cyberbox but not so full of evil. She had strung a line, and her ass was on it, and let's just be honest--it felt a wee bit drafty.

She didn't have long to wait...it was coming, coming, coming and then: she got spanked. A smart little slap, with palm perhaps just slightly angled to produce that pleasing, fleshy smack sound. It was a "this is for your own good" spanking with a shot of righteous, injured indignation and chaser of "from now on, go and be a good girl."

Our heroine (oh, just humor me!) smarted. She frothed a bit of anarchy. The sting wore off and she stopped walking funny. "My, my" she thought; "my ass these days is rather resilient.

And then tonight...Life did it. It busted out with some goddamn lemons. A whole lemony little phalanx of acid reflux inducing, tooth-enamel threatening puckerfacing citrusy sonsabiches.

She thought about iced, cold lemonade. But It is Winter, even if It doesn't know It. She thought about saying "fuck it" and bailing. She indulged in rant therapy.

And then she went home and googled recipes for weaponry made of one simple household ingredient; stingy, stingy lemon juice.

She may have made a few lemon bombs. She may have tucked a few in Life's sock drawer.

Enough third person. I'm gunnin' for the Man now. Wish me luck.

6 comments:

v said...

Good luck. Now I'm interested in the backstory (other than the part I know, of course).

Lauryn said...

Hilarious and intriguing. Tell us more! :)

natasha | sohobutterfly said...

Wishing you luck, naturally... but what the heck happened?

Coach J said...

Oh, I have to know! What happened last night?

Unknown said...

stick it to the man! <3 Hope all is well

Coach J said...

I just tagged you! It's my first meme ever, so be nice. You can find the rules here.