Thursday, January 10, 2008

On a Scale of One to Ten...




I'm a THREE! Dilated to three that is!

Now, I know this is nothing to jump for joy about...many a woman is dilated to 3 and doesn't give birth for 8 years and 6 days or whatever...but right now, in my world, something is something! It's a great little "happy due date" present for me just to know that my body is at least pondering releasing this child! In other news, Scarlett's doing well as always--my doctor said her heartbeat sounded "happy." And, I have a slightly better "drop-dead" date than I did before--the 17th instead of the 18th. If I don't go into labor before then, I will be reporting to the hospital at 5 a.m. (!!!! ouch!) one week from today to be induced.

Above is a great visual from my wonderful friend EmilyPie to demonstrate my progress! (Ha, my first visual, and my first hyperlink too, hope it works!)








4 comments:

Emily Main said...

How on EARTH would you manage to get any sleep the night of the 16th? Sheesh!

natasha | sohobutterfly said...

Woo hoo!!! (love the diagram, with it were a little bigger, but it's just too funny...)

Emily Main said...

Here is a bigger version

natasha | sohobutterfly said...

Thanks Emily! I really need to re-read what I type before hitting publish. Sheesh.

Any twinges, C? Back-aches? Hmmmmm, I heard hot peppers, hot baths, G&T's, wild-hanging-from-the-chandelier sex... all supposed to speed things along.