Monday, May 12, 2008

A Caveat to My Last Post

I have to post a caveat to my last post, because I realize in my frustration with not knowing the right things to do with my little Squidge, I might have accidentally hurt some feelings. I need to make something clear I should have made clear before: I know that any advice given from my family is given from motivations of love, support, and desire to help, NOT from any motivation to make me feel bad. My sarcasm in my last post was really just a reflection of my own frustrated feelings, my own suspicion that there ARE things I could be doing to get Squidge to be okay with car rides, with being put down, with taking naps on her own, etc...all the things I am struggling with. Being as tired as I am, and as ready to be done with this very difficult semester as I am (TWO papers down, ONE to go!) I know full well that I am probably being far too sensitive. My wonderful family loves me AND my baby, and all the moms are capable and wonderful moms, they've likely got some things to say that I could stand to know. So, to all family members, please discount my new-mommy foibles. (And really, short of shock collars, I would LOVE any advice about how to get the kid to like car rides!)

2 comments:

The Peterson Life said...

Well, Ramona STILL screams at us anytime we put her in the car seat. Then even louder once she hears the "click" of the seatbelt. But good luck.

natasha | sohobutterfly said...

No advice, but I wanted to say HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!! :o)