Monday, June 9, 2008

Do the Veranda Pokey, and You Turn Yourself Around



Here are Squidge and I in the aftermath of the construction war which took place at my house this weekend, which involved three/two men, enough tools to sink a ship (or perhaps keep one from sinking), a stack of wood, and a veranda which just refused to get built! My mom and I watched Saturday and Sunday slowly slip away as "the boys" (Mario and my dad, and Brandon on Saturday) fillibustered over plans until a project that was SUPPOSED to take one weekend ended in, well, the state seen in the picture above. We started singing "The Veranda Pokey," which went a little something like this:

You put the lag screws in, you pull the lag screws out,
You put the lag screws in, and then you throw 'em on the ground,
You drive off to Home Depot and you buy yourself some more,
And THAT's what it's all about!


Now I have to deal with THIS mess until next weekend!

4 comments:

The Peterson Life said...

Or maybe the weekend after that? :)

Megan said...

Ugh! I hate projects that won't end, which is how most of my husband's projects go. It doesn't help that he has ADD and moves on to something else before attempting to finish what he started.

Lauryn said...

Now THAT's a catchy song!

Men are so funny...

Here's hoping that next weekend it will be finished!

Ashley said...

Ohh it is going to be so nice when it is done though :)

I hoping for beautiful family photos under it from the fab EmilyPie.. or maybe a self timer with your new awesome camera ;)

Hope it goes well this weekend.