Sunday, June 1, 2008

Precious Gifts



From Mario:
A jogging stroller
Running clothes (hmm, wonder what he wants me to do!)
Cute Mary Jane Crocs
The greatest card ever (see post below)
An attempt at birthday lovin'

From my sister and Scott:
Pyrex dishes (much needed)
Promise of dinner and a movie, complete with baby-sitter (VERY much needed!)

From my mom and dad:
Half an iphone (email on the run, here I come!)
RX Crocs (I gotta admit it, I love me some Crocs)
Delicious Oregon berry conserves and jam (I'm looking forward to breakfast!)
A fantastic fresh seafood dinner

From my daughter:
Very, very, very early birthday wishes (beginning at 2:30 am, and continuing until well into the morning)
A nap that ended rather sooner than expected (use your imagination, but here's a hint: it corresponds to why the birthday lovin' was only an "attempt")
A gentle reminder that small portions are best (she kindly fussed and cried throughout dinner, preventing me from overindulging in above-mentioned seafood)
Plenty of drooly, barfy kisses, and big gummy baby grins!

Ahhh...nothing like a birthday, surrounded by those who love you best!

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Hmmm.... I just tried leaving you a comment, and it said there was an error. So hopefully this won't be a duplicate!

I wanted to say Happy (late) Birthday Mama!!!

Sounds like it was a great one :)

natasha | sohobutterfly said...

Lovin', lovin' and lovin' that uber-cute picture of you and squidge! Sounds like you got lots of lovely prezzies. (ps: keep this on the DL, but I love me some crocs too!!)

Megan said...

Look at you in your sexy, sporty mom gear! Happy late birthday!