Sunday, September 7, 2008

Pics from Portland Weekend

Yes, I'm behind as always, but here are some tidbits from Labor Day weekend in Portland. I, by the way, HEART Portland. Not only do I love the city completely, but multiple friends are there, both from high school and from college. I love, love, love it. Every time I eat a fresh bagel from Noah's, drink a bubble tea, or wander through the shops on Hawthorne, I wish that I could move there. Come on, big job market in three years!

Anyway, the scoop. First, I got to have a baby-free night with the girls--I flew up Thursday; Mario brought Scarlett up Friday night--which involved drinking OF COURSE, a wee bit of dancing, overloading a poor pedicab driver, and having a great time at a gay male strip club--best invention EVER, by the way! Totally brilliant, to be able to freely enjoy delectable male bodies without having to worry about getting hit on by skeezey patrons! Sadly, no pics allowed, or this would have been a GREAT blog post! Ha.

Of course with all that WILD PARTYING (okay, that definitely counts as wild in my life!) I didn't get much sleep, and was hoping I'd be able to catch up later, but that didn't happen--Scarlett's amazing newfound ability to sleep through the night does not hold up in unknown places! Dammit. But although tired, we had fun on Friday--my friend Saundra, who just returned from Iraq, and I had fun kickin' it in downtown Portland and visiting my friend from high school Jennifer who also lives there. Mario and Scarlett came in late Friday, and I was happy to see them. I decided it is IDEAL to arrive a day before your husband and child on any vacation so you get enough independent time to be thrilled when they arrive!

Saturday we headed out to the coast, where we had rented a house in Rockaway Beach. The rest of the weekend was beaching, hot tubbing, eating, drinking OF COURSE, and enjoying deliciousness at the local cheese factories in Tillamook. Some pics:

Saundra with Scarlett
IMG_9166b

Allysa helping Scarlett walk:
IMG_9177

Megan--my roommate from the dorms and for the next three years--flying a kite:
IMG_9170bw

Denise and Scott--guess who they're smiling at?
IMG_9217b

Scarlett with Andrew and Alexis:
IMG_9233b

Mmm, Coffee on the Beach:
IMG_9195b


A little coastal character:
Oliver and the Sheep

More:
IMG_9241b

Old college roommates: Megan, Saundra, me, and Denise
IMG_9254b

6 comments:

natasha | sohobutterfly said...

Looks like a nice getaway! You look too thrilled to having coffee on the beach!! :o)

Coach J said...

Oh, I'm jealous. I-heart-Oregon and I'm dying to go soon. Too bad no pics from the club though...

Lauryn said...

I've never been there, but it looks like a great vacation spot. Unique, with lots of character and charm. Glad you had a nice time!

The Peterson Life said...

Ah, sounds like fun! I almost never travel with Ramona, unless i know I can put her in her own private area - whether it be a room or a closet. She can not (will not) sleep in the same room as us. This is actually her standards that I obediently follow.

v said...

This looks like it was super fun! Now, I want to go too. By the way, what is bubble tea?

v said...

I especially love the picture with Scarlett with her little tongue out.