Saturday, March 1, 2008

REALLY Multi-tasking NoW1

Ha! I just figured out that I can nurse baby at my desk in the office (provided the window, which faces the street, has the shade drawn of course, or the neighbors would really get a show!) Don't know why I didn't try this earlier. So here I am, wearing a robe and underwear and not much else, with a baby propped on a Boppy proped on my lap, typing away! Score! Even better, I actually shaved my legs today since it's the weekend and my husband is home and that means I can actually luxuriate in my shower without having to feel guilty that Miss Needy is squawking pathetically beyond the glass, and crying REAL TEARS . Oh, life is good on a Saturday (or would be if I didn't have a meeting at 3:00pm for which I have nothing done!)...

I don't want anyone to see my baby today or they'll think I am a bad mommy...poor Squidge's face is all scratched up! Yesterday several of my relatives came to town to see her...several JEWEL-bedecked relatives. I don't know what it is about my dad's sisters and mother, but they are serious jewelry mongers, particularly my grandmother, a woman who trips around the world bargaining for stones and then comes back and has them set in solid gold, precisely to her standards. And, because they are all such gorgeous acquisitions, she likes to wear all of them at once! Anyway, like many women these gals are particularly fond of big stones set in non-baby friendly prong settings, and in the course of getting passed around and loved on, I'm guessing someone's ring or necklace snagged Squidge's little face. She never cried about it and I didn't notice the scratches until after the rellies were gone, and they are already fading, but it still makes me sad!

The good news is that she was amazingly sweet and happy for the whole visit and gave her great-aunties such big lovable smiles that they fell right in love with her. She is really starting to go through extended happy periods which are just beyond cute. Hopefully later today I'll be able to post some great smiling Squidge pics...my mom has taken some amazing ones lately and we're going to get them from her.

Okay...back to the stuff for the meeting I'm not prepared for...sigh.

1 comment:

natasha | sohobutterfly said...

Needing pics, needing pics, needing Squidge pics! :o)

Multi-tasking is the domain of the busy urban-momma woman, and it sounds like you're a guru in its practise. *lol*